Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dumbest Monitor Question Ever!!!  (Read 2384 times)

bconpc

• Trade Count: (0)
Dumbest Monitor Question Ever!!!
« on: July 15, 2002, 09:12:11 pm »
This has got to be the dumbest monitor question ever. I'm having a load of trouble just taking the shell of my monitor. I have a 19" KDS Visual Sensations Model # VS-190i, I have taken the only 2 screws out and it just won't come apart. I've looked all over for other screws and their are none. The pedestal is in 2 parts. One part comes off and the other is attached to the monitor. All I want to do is take this pedestal part off. I thought about mounting the monitor to the chassis I have already but I can't get the casing off without tearing it up. Anyone with ideas as this has been very frustrating.

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
Re:Dumbest Monitor Question Ever!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 12:22:26 am »
This has got to be the dumbest monitor question ever. I'm having a load of trouble just taking the shell of my monitor. I have a 19" KDS Visual Sensations Model # VS-190i, I have taken the only 2 screws out and it just won't come apart. I've looked all over for other screws and their are none. The pedestal is in 2 parts. One part comes off and the other is attached to the monitor. All I want to do is take this pedestal part off. I thought about mounting the monitor to the chassis I have already but I can't get the casing off without tearing it up. Anyone with ideas as this has been very frustrating.

It is not a stupid question.  I've seen stupid people who should have asked it, but didn't, crack the bottom of their monitor casing.  (I hope the pedestal you are talking about is what I think of as the add-on base).

I don't have the KDS Model # VS-190i.  But I did work with a KDS 17" of some type.  Of all the monitors I've seen, all of them had L-shaped hooks that slid into slots in the bottom of the monitor, and one or two snap "locks" to keep the base from sliding out.  Usually the base slid toward the back of the monitor to come off, and the the snap lock was also at the back side of the base.

upside-down monitor with base already off:
                 \---------------/
                 |_____________|          <--- base
                ]    L     L              <--- snap and 2 L hooks
            |======================|      
            |                      |      <--- monitor (front)

(Very bad ascii, but I hope it helps.)  You have to lift the (yellow) snap quite a bit so you can slid the base backwards so the L hooks disengage so you can lift the base.
Robin
Knowledge is Power

Trimeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2002, 06:45:25 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Dumbest Monitor Question Ever!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 06:54:30 pm »
Thats cool drawing u_rebelscum

and for bconpc u_rebelscum was right its not a dumb question at all. I believe u_rebelscum was right KDSes do have clips at the bottom but it may be just a little tight to unclip them but they're there.

Good luck,

Trimeister