Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Purity and Convergence adjustments on WG  (Read 2257 times)

thelevin8r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2006, 03:25:20 am
  • I'm a llama!
Purity and Convergence adjustments on WG
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:44:54 am »

Hello all,
I emailed Wells Gardner and they sent me the manual for my WG 19K7601. It shows how you can adjust color purity, convergence and some other settings. One of the adjustments requires sending a "crosshatch" pattern to the display. Do you think you can just send this pattern as a picture from a PC? As anyone tried these adjustments? I ordered a cap kit from Bob Roberts maybe that will fix all my troubles. This display has a really green tone, and the blues are bleeding. I really improved it by adjust some of the pots by eye, but didn't really know what I was doing at the time.

Carsten Carlos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 05:06:25 am
  • Projects: Centipede extended, Asteroids
    • Carlos' Centipede-extended
Re:Purity and Convergence adjustments on WG
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 11:14:47 am »
Use the program "Nokia Test". It can shows all patterns you ever need for all adjustments, and works under windows. If you can't find it, I could mail you it. (<1MB as far as I remember)

thelevin8r

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 12:45:17 pm »
That's a great tool! A quick search by "nokia monitor test" found it on the first hit.

Has anyone attempted the convergence adjustmest on these old WG displays? It look liek it involved anjust the wedges under the yoke. Would I be a fool to attempt this wit any previous experience?

Carsten Carlos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 05:06:25 am
  • Projects: Centipede extended, Asteroids
    • Carlos' Centipede-extended
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 05:27:15 pm »
By the way, I haven't seen how the blue bleeding looks - I hope its not the tube itself but it sounds like this. Does the bleeding get less when you reduce the contrast?
This bleeding effect can occur when a tube has been used very much, I only have seen these effects on TV's that were older then 12-15 years. Of course, an arcade-monitor is much more used.

thelevin8r

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 01:02:20 am »
It is old too, it is the orriginal from '87. On a positive point, the burn in is not as bad as would be expected. I'm really looking forward to what a cap kit will do.

I am also interested in hearing from anyone that has done the purity and convergence adjusments them selves.