Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cocktail speaker help  (Read 4714 times)

Games People Play

• Trade Count: (0)
Cocktail speaker help
« on: July 21, 2002, 12:55:01 pm »
hello, I am in the process of building a Mame cocktail cabinet.  But, I can't find anything on where to purchase the speaker grills or the air vents.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
loonies

Ambrocade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2005, 07:26:16 pm
  • I can't OutRun the desire to BMOAC!
Re:Cocktail speaker help
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 11:58:48 pm »

hello, I am in the process of building a Mame cocktail cabinet.  But, I can't find anything on where to purchase the speaker grills or the air vents.  Any suggestions?

I bought my speaker grills from Happs when I placed an order for a bunch of other stuff.  I used some 4" car speakers that I had laying around and the grills fit perfectly.  I could have used other grills just as easily but I wanted the grills not to have a name brand on them.

If you don't need to place an order with Happs, I believe their minimum order is $25, try Radio Shack if you live in the States.

I imagine you can get the air vents from Happs also.  I just cutout a hole for a standard size PC fan and used that.

-Ambrocade

jelloslug

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2005, 03:55:59 pm
  • Splut!
    • Jelloslugs Arcade
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 09:00:55 am »
If your talking about the rectangular ones that are on the real coctail, good luck.  It took me months to find 4 for my cocktail.  Try ebay and call some of the smaller arcade parts houses and see if they have any used ones.  As far as I know they are not made anymore and no one has reproduced them yet.

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 11:30:10 am »
If you don't care about it being 100% authentic, but just looking good.  Go look at car stereo shops... some home stereos places will have grills also.

You could probably use grills for fans (off of old cases... cut them out and paint)

on mine (non-cocktail) there is a big metal piece with holes in it.  Then painted.  Look fine in my mind