Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ZINC?  (Read 1234 times)

Mr. Dude

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2019, 05:12:50 am
  • Hi...
ZINC?
« on: April 02, 2004, 03:03:44 pm »
Does anybody here know what's going on with the final version?  They talked about releasing it months ago and everyone at emuhype's zinc forum seems to not really be talking on the subject.  I'm getting real close to wrapping my cabinet up and I wanted to get the 2nd player 6th button glitch fixed before I finish it.  Is there a patch for this by any chance?.... everyone seems to just say wait for the final version but like I said I really want to finish my cab. :)  

Superdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 11:53:48 am
  • Mo' Betta Butter with da Betta Playa'
Re:ZINC?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 04:01:11 pm »
Zinc is pretty much borged to mame.  Any new enhancements goes straight to mame and no longer zinc.

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 04:43:15 pm »
It would be nice if they did come out with a final version of zinc since it is so much faster than mame.  Also judging by Guru's site the compatability as it stands now is much better with Zinc.  Many of the games emulated by Zinc and Mame only have sound in Zinc.

walls83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2017, 02:58:45 pm
  • beer is good
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 05:41:35 pm »
I asked this question on the ZINC forums awhile ago and didnt get much of a responce.  The final version of zinc was going to come out 2 months ago but they never got around to releasing it.  I know one thing if they would just release a patch for the 2player 6 button thats All I want.   And as far as everything from zinc going to mame I think is crap because mame cant run the games on zinc as fast.   It the same way with KILLER INSTINCT.  I dont run KI on my mame software I use the U64emu and its hella faster then mame.  Well I guess just cross your fingers and hope for the best.
"A true warrior enters the arena with all his powers at the ready." ~ Gouki

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 09:43:41 pm »
Zinc is pretty much borged to mame.  Any new enhancements goes straight to mame and no longer zinc.

wrong again

There is a final version planned.... the hold up is the decryption of the zinc roms as the hardware protection has finally been broken.  (It was fudged in zinc before)

Unfortunately this means all of the zinc roms have to be re-dumped, which means that the guru has to get ahold of the boards again and re-dump them.  

Some will, however, appear in mame first as the zinc team wishes to wait until all the redumping is complete before releasing the final version.  The mame team working on zn emulation (which are basically the same guys)  are adding the new roms as they go, causing a few of the newly dumped roms to work in mame right off the bat.  They won't work on "fixing" the emulation until all the dumps are complete though, just like in zinc.  

Be patient as the zinc team is temperamental and bothering them could result in canceling the final release.  

Mr. Dude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2019, 05:12:50 am
  • Hi...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 08:18:22 am »
I'm with you walls83.  I just want a fix the player 2 button six problem.  And Howard thanks for the info as well.  As always you are the man with the inside scoop.  Man that's gonna suck if for the next version I have to download all newly dumped roms.  Oh well,I guess we'll just have to wait and see then.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 02:33:48 pm »
Well that's a touchy issue.... from what i understand
"the_author" (zinc's main developer) won't be involved with the final release, just rbelmont and the plugin developers....

the_author did the input code so it's unsure if he's sent it along to the others to fix for the final build.  So unfortunately that particular glitch may never be fixed.  :(