Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: frustrating K7400 setup  (Read 2693 times)

Sporf

• Trade Count: (0)
frustrating K7400 setup
« on: July 16, 2002, 10:55:36 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm building up my mame cabinet and have started trying to setup the computer end without any success. I'm using a wells-gardner K7400 and a STB Velocity 128 (riva 128 based) with advancemame and can't get the setup to work for the life of me. I go through the advcfg menus telling it I have a K7200/K7400 (it's an option) but the test patterns it generates (in either easy or advanced mode) are garbage (rapidly scrolling both horizontally and vertically). With alot of tweaking and some luck I can adjust the output using the arrow keys until I get a picture that's more or less fine vertically but is far too wide and 'wraps over' itself- text from the far right appears on the far left, etc. I CAN, however, run regular dos mame with the -monitor arcade option and play games unscaled and centered at 15KHz just fine on the monitor. I can also run advv at 15Khz and the basic menu comes up fine on the arcade monitor, but the majority of the video modes come up as garbage when I test them. I've tried loading the latest version of scitech display doctor to no effect and am fairly sure my wiring to the monitor is correct as regular dos mame does work. Has anyone else out there got a K7400 working with any sort of setup? I'd really be interested in what kind of card you're using, what modelines, etc. Thanks.