Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: z26 remap joystick controls?  (Read 890 times)

Zathras

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2011, 01:06:02 am
  • Yeah.
z26 remap joystick controls?
« on: March 19, 2004, 02:54:00 am »
I've been trying to rig up console emulators on my cabinet so I can plug and play with usb controllers if the mood strikes.  Most have been working fine... z26 is proving to be a problem.  

From the CP everything works fine but it turns out my Atari joystick USB adapter sends joystick directions as the axis AND a button press.  Standard Z26 looks like it is set to fire on any button press so any direction I go it will fire.  The FE versioin works a little better but only in that doesn't fire (directions work though).

So anyway I looked at the source code and I see where you can change keyboard presses but apparently joysticks are another matter entirely.   Any suggestions (or is there anyone out there who has remapped the FE version of z26 with joystick button 5 being the only fire button?).

It has been a loooooooooooooong time since I did any programming/compiling but I'm always willing to give things a shot.

Thanks!
Space Warped by Someone

Zapper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2006, 10:26:01 pm
  • The enemy's gate is down
Re:z26 remap joystick controls?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 06:57:02 pm »
If you don't find a solution you could try the Stelladaptor Atari 2600 controller to USB Interface and play in style. There's supposed to be a new version of z26 released to support it. Or use an Adaptoid with an N64 gamepad, it's USB and easy to program.
"Three warps to the Bugger homeworld"