Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Cruis'n does not "cruise" for me

(1/2) > >>

Klipp:
It used to ... when I first bought the game I was able to double pump and the car would kick and go faster.
However now I can barely get it to go 100 mph.

I checked the potentiometer in the gas by switching the wires to the brake (just to see if the double pump feature would work) and nada...

Any suggestions on what might be wrong? It's no fun coming in 10th place all the time. It just won't get going...

Thanks

baritonomarchetto:
I am not used to the genuine Cruisn' hardware, but I would bet the manual gives the operator detailed instructions on how to set the accelerator.
It sounds like a mere calibration issue to me

Mike A:
There is a calibrate controls option in the Main Test Menu.

Press the "Test Mode Switch" inside the coin door to get there.

Manual

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/C/Cruisn-USA-Single-Sitdown.pdf

Klipp:
Thank you both! I have tried calibrating it... when the game turns on, it asks me to turn the steering wheel to the far left, then the far right, step on the accelerator as much as I can, then the same for the brake.

So I feel like I am constantly calibrating the game upon turning it on and it still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

baritonomarchetto:
Check the manual. There could be a "hidden" test menu where to monitor the accel pot behaviour and verify if it's defective or not

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version