Main > Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Forum

Its there a way to use touchtunes hardware with windows?

(1/13) > >>

abispac:
So let me explain. Last time i had a touchtunes jukebox, it was a wallmounted juke with some nice led lights that would flash nicely and the software was still active, but it only had like old songs in it. So knowing that touchtunes its very very picky, I installed my own PC with touch if I remember correctly, but I could not found a way to make the led lightsor the amp to work with windows, so I did not had any light show or amp service. Now I found a new deal on market place, and I've always wanted to have one of this jukes, but I'm afraid the same thing would happen. So I was wondering if anyone here knows a way to have a working light show and amp with windows installed. Thanks for your help.

lilshawn:

--- Quote from: abispac on March 20, 2024, 02:57:39 pm ---So let me explain. Last time i had a touchtunes jukebox, it was a wallmounted juke with some nice led lights that would flash nicely and the software was still active, but it only had like old songs in it. So knowing that touchtunes its very very picky, I installed my own PC with touch if I remember correctly, but I could not found a way to make the led lightsor the amp to work with windows, so I did not had any light show or amp service. Now I found a new deal on market place, and I've always wanted to have one of this jukes, but I'm afraid the same thing would happen. So I was wondering if anyone here knows a way to have a working light show and amp with windows installed. Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---

unfortunately that particular jukebox pictured in your post (the angelina) is very highly integrated and you can't separate the parts out.

The computer, the amps, and the IO board is plugged onto a backplane board though multi-pin DIN 41612 and/or IEC 60603-2 connectors to connect power/audio/data/inputs/outputs and whatnot of the individual components to each other.

the amps need a signal from the IO board to power on. this is also sent through the backplane,  so if you don't have the touchtunes software running to initialize the IO board, you will never have audio, since the audio is fed out of the computer though the backplane board to the IO board, then out of the IO board through the backplane to the amps.

even if you don't use the amps, you have no way of getting audio out of the computer since the audio flows out off the computer through the backplane. you'd have to peel the computer case apart and tap audio out of the computer directly.

you won't have lightshow because it's also handled by the IO board, the IO board has an LED controller built onto it that sends the signals out to the led strips in the back of the machine, and if you don't have the software to initialize the IO board, you wont get a lightshow.

the IO board connects to the computer through a "USB" connection though the backplane and is what handles the lightshow on the front and back of the machine and switching of the signal to tell the amps to power on... and does the audio conversion needed to feed into the amps.

so unfortunately since the IO handles basically...everything... not being able to initialize it means you can't do anything with the jukebox if you change the software since there is going to be zero support though windows for it since it was designed for linux (which is what the touchtunes OS is based on.)

most of this stuff can be bypassed and made to work in a virtuo or ovation wall boxes and all the floor models since the computers and stuff are all separate... you can even easily fake the signal from the IO board to turn on the amps to use your own audio source or computer in these machines.

you could MAYBE modify the playdium walbox if you are really good with electronics... but definitely not the angelina since those 2 machines devices are so integrated, it's almost impossible to separate...you'd have to gut the angelina of everything but the monitor/touchscreen and put all your own stuff in there.

lilshawn:
I would also be highly suspect of where that jukebox came from, especially being sold on the faceballs marketplace.

That is one of the newest jukeboxes touchtunes has, it's unlikely an operator is just getting rid of it since there is nothing "newer" for anyone to replace it with. (which would be one of the only real reason for an operator to part with it) and also, since to get one of those from touchtunes right now will run you regular price of $6264 plus taxes and shipping.

just sayin' someone could come knocking on your door if you have it.

abispac:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on March 20, 2024, 03:47:12 pm ---I would also be highly suspect of where that jukebox came from, especially being sold on the faceballs marketplace.

That is one of the newest jukeboxes touchtunes has, it's unlikely an operator is just getting rid of it since there is nothing "newer" for anyone to replace it with. (which would be one of the only real reason for an operator to part with it) and also, since to get one of those from touchtunes right now will run you regular price of $6264 plus taxes and shipping.

just sayin' someone could come knocking on your door if you have it.

--- End quote ---
Its a bummer that basically its a cabinet with a working monitor and perhaps working bill aceptor, maybe the top display can be usable if its just a regular display like the monitor? if not, maybe one can be fitted. My suspichius are this was a place owner that didn't returned the juke to its owner and now its trying to make some money, I really wont mind paying 300 bucks for the cabinet with monitor, I can add my own lights and amp, with computer of course.  I really wont mind hocking it up to the internet and have the real owner pick it up as well. But I really doubt that's gonna happen. Do you think I could make my money back selling the inner parts?

Mike A:
If you think it is stolen, you should not buy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version