Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

jvl 512mb cf to 1gb cd... hiw do I upgrade?

(1/5) > >>

rcdude1990:
Hey guys, so I got a new io board from eBay and now my machine works! I read somewhere that if I get a 1gb of I can install all the games the itouch10 plus has to offer. My orion had a itouch 10 plus install cd in it... so I put it in a pc, running virtual machine and was able to make a usb drive.

I got a 1gb of card... I put the 1gb in, and put the usb in and all I get is a remove disk or other media message.

Putting the old cf card in and leaving the usb stick in I get a jvl style screen (see photo)

How do I get the new cf card working? The usb drive I assume is readable as it shows it on the jvl screen

rcdude1990:
Photo

lilshawn:
i have personally never seen a cf card bigger than 512mb in any of the compactflash jvl's. so i cannot attest to whether a 1gb or bigger even works.

that said, Transcend sets their "commercial" CF cards set to be "Removable Disks", whereas Transcend "industrial" cards are set to "Fixed Disk" modes.

it's really called "True IDE mode" and "PC card I/O mode" there is a third "PC card memory mode" which i won't go into here.

--- Quote ---CompactFlash Overview
CompactFlash is a removable mass storage device that electrically complies with the Personal
Computer Memory Card International Association ATA standard, and supports a True IDE mode
that is electrically compatible with an IDE disk drive. CompactFlash cards support both +5V and
+3.3V operation and can function at either voltage level. CompactFlash uses standard ATA
registers and command set, and has automatic error correction and retry capabilities, including
an error correction code.
CompactFlash supports three different modes of operation: PC Card Memory Mode, PC Card
I/O Mode, and True IDE Mode. True IDE Mode allows the CompactFlash to function like a hard
disk drive. This document focuses on True IDE Mode operation.

--- End quote ---

so, in a nutshell... your compact flash card you choose has to have the ability to BE a fixed disk. otherwise you need to use an adapter that does the fixed disk part. (those IDE to CF adaptors you see all over)

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/35035/~/steps-to-enable-fixed-disk-mode-on-compactflash-cards

TL;DR the CF socket on the motherboard is an IDE connector.

mahkeymike:
I Think he is referring to Older Itouch versions having a upgrade with 512mb or 1gb. Im not sure. All my Vortex and Retro's have 512mb CF's. Retro's had Itouch 11, still had 512mb CF's.

rcdude1990:
I remember seeing in a different post somthing about there'd more games on the itouch10 plus but because the card is 512mb not all the games will show/ fit.

I purchased this on Amazon.
1GB Compact Flash Memory Card Original Camera Card Type I CF Card 1.0 GB 133x Blue Cards https://a.co/d/0XBrZ0M

I did a search and found this game list
https://www.bmigaming.com/jvl-itouch10-software.htm

And I'm missing several games

I'll do a search for fix disk modes I assume

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version