Main > Lightguns

QMamehook - The Cross-platform MAMEHOOKER-compatible alternative for PCLightguns

<< < (6/7) > >>

ThatOneSeong:
Ugh, again? :banghead: Would you advise in what order are these being started? Is QM being started before or after DS?
Because unfortunately I have never been able to see this reflected under Linux, and I don't have a good enough test system for DS to see how it works on a native Windows environment.
EDIT: I guess this laptop does (barely) have the specs to run Flycast, and yeah I can see the problem here too. Seems to be another Windows-specific issue, as I definitely cannot reproduce this kind of funky behavior on Linux. Fun.

bandicoot:

--- Quote from: ThatOneSeong on March 26, 2024, 12:08:11 am ---Unfortunately, if I don't have the hardware, I wouldn't exactly be able to trust myself to blindly implement something that I can't verify works as it should. :(

Then again, that is the beauty of open-source software: anyone is free to work on the code and implement such things if they have the desire, equipment, and time to do so. And I will happily take pull requests (given that it doesn't break any preexisting functionality, lol). It is a nice thought though, hearing so many people find usefulness in the idea of this weird thing I made mostly for myself. :>

--- End quote ---
i've totally understand ;) like you say it's open source , hope someone had this feature in future  ;)

ThatOneSeong:
Whelp, that was the longest couple of minutes I've spent. It was the whole morning, for the record.

v1.7 is the hottest of hotfixes that SHOULD finally resolve that issue with Windows users getting a whole lot of hogwash as the gameName - turns out, I forgot to update one value name in the v1.4 refactoring, which I guess on slow enough clients was enough to be a problem. I also found an issue where Windows users would have their clients randomly crash when connecting to/exiting from a DemulShooter instance--so that's fixed too.

I'm already tired, lol.

IntegrumRetro:

--- Quote from: ThatOneSeong on March 26, 2024, 04:03:55 pm ---Whelp, that was the longest couple of minutes I've spent. It was the whole morning, for the record.

v1.7 is the hottest of hotfixes that SHOULD finally resolve that issue with Windows users getting a whole lot of hogwash as the gameName - turns out, I forgot to update one value name in the v1.4 refactoring, which I guess on slow enough clients was enough to be a problem. I also found an issue where Windows users would have their clients randomly crash when connecting to/exiting from a DemulShooter instance--so that's fixed too.

I'm already tired, lol.

--- End quote ---

Well done! Flycast is good, in fact even if demulshooter is running and the game hasn't started, Qmamehooker says there is no rom found, but once the game is fully up it finds the rom and does it's thing perfectly! OG mamehooker was much more finicky. I'll continue to test all the other demulshooter tested games and Blamcon.

Jinx1337:
Hi!

I am trying to set this up with Retroarch MAME; how do you  make it hook to it?
Do you need to somehow set-up the network multiplayer for it to broadcast outputs?

Please advise.
Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version