Main > Lightguns

QMamehook - The Cross-platform MAMEHOOKER-compatible alternative for PCLightguns

<< < (4/6) > >>

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: argonlefou on March 03, 2024, 03:26:20 am ---I've updated DemulShooter with Network outputs supports. No official release yet, as I still have to clean some things before. but I'm attaching a version for you to test.
Just go in DemulShooter_GUI and enable Network outputs in the outputs tab

It should behave similar than MAME (at least it's what a network sniffer shows)

I encountered some bugs with your app though: if I run it when DemulShooter is already running and already has hooked the game, QMamehook mix all arriving string into the rom name.
Looks like OK if QMameHook connects before DemulShooter hooks the game

--- End quote ---
Thank you so much! From what I can tell it's definitely working.
Though from what I'm observing with bugs, my case is exactly the opposite - having QMamehook open before DS hooks locks it into the `__empty` profile, which is my bad; I don't have it set to detect mame_stop as it should, since I've just been relying on the server disconnecting for every instance change, which is what MAME's done so far. I'll fix this up real quick shortly. Fixed this behavior in v1.5.

Connecting it after the game started running seems to work fine though. Though perhaps I just haven't checked with enough games. I'll keep an eye out for the game string weirdness.

argonlefou:
Here what I noticed with your latest 1.5 update :

QmameHook_01.png :
When I run QMAmehook before running the game : It detects the '___empty' game (which is the same behavior as MAME when you run the program alone without any rom running), then succesfully detects mamestop and mamestart with the new game name, then the list of outputs.

QmameHook_02.png :
When I run QMamehook while DemulShooter is aleady hooked to a game : mamestart rom name is made of the whole list of outputs

I don't know if it's QT related or not - the behavior was the same on my computer before your last update - as I have a couple of QMameHook-alike tools I made years ago (.NET, not QT) that are not showing any of this

Glad to know you can confirm it working though, DS will be updated during this week

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: argonlefou on March 03, 2024, 02:01:36 pm ---Here what I noticed with your latest 1.5 update :

QmameHook_01.png :
When I run QMAmehook before running the game : It detects the '___empty' game (which is the same behavior as MAME when you run the program alone without any rom running), then succesfully detects mamestop and mamestart with the new game name, then the list of outputs.

QmameHook_02.png :
When I run QMamehook while DemulShooter is aleady hooked to a game : mamestart rom name is made of the whole list of outputs

I don't know if it's QT related or not - the behavior was the same on my computer before your last update - as I have a couple of QMameHook-alike tools I made years ago (.NET, not QT) that are not showing any of this

Glad to know you can confirm it working though, DS will be updated during this week

--- End quote ---
WEIRD! Hrm...
Just to note that I do all my primary testing on Linux (so DS thru Wine), and the only physical Windows machine I can use to run any "real" games barely has space on its Windows partition for things. I definitely haven't run into this with Wine when starting mid-game, so it could very well be another small difference in QT platform implementation.

I think I can see the problem though, with part of the "1" from what I assume is the MAME-start command getting left in, so I think something must've gotten wacky with the message splitting when getting the initial receipt from the socket buffer. Does this happen with other games too?
I'll see about fixing this one too, aha. Thank you again for the visual demonstration.

ThatOneSeong:
Ah.

I see the problem.

DS seems to dump a lot in its first message when the client connects - and in this case, once the game's been hooked, it'll always use a stop command as the first message, which is not something I've found in MAME's behavior (in that the first message is always an isolated `mame_start =` message before any of the outputs loads).

But then my fault was always assuming that the first message is a MAME start command with nothing else afterwards, so it did a dumb match/save. I pushed another update to my repo for QMamehook to also do de-concatenation even when it's searching for a game name to load. This should resolve the problem.

Thanks to Argonlefou's generosity, Windows games are now supported in this application when using the latest version of DemulShooter. The repo readme and OP have been updated to reflect this. Your move, Teknogods.  ;)

dgrace:
This sounds very cool. Would this be compatible potentially with the Aliens Extermination mounted guns? They essentially act as joysticks and have potentiometers. I currently use mamehooker with them, but it can be quite buggy at times. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version