Main > Main Forum

Help with Buttons!

(1/2) > >>

smazze:
I'm looking for buttons for my control panel that is 3/4" thick (plus plexi) with 30mm holes.

I really wanted the OSBN Sanwa buttons, but it doesn't look like they would be long enough for 3/4" unless I route out the bottom of the holes quite a bit, which I really don't want to do.  Seimitsu PS-14's seems like they're a little longer, but it's hard to find solid info if they'll work.  Crown has some too, but save issue.  I'd prefer concave.  Just wondering if anyone has an suggestions on what screw-in type buttons would work meeting those specs.  Geek Pub has a kit that might be my fallback if I can't figure something else out, but they're probably pretty cheapy I'd imagine.

Thanks

PL1:

--- Quote from: smazze on January 28, 2024, 10:30:44 pm ---I'm looking for buttons for my control panel that is 3/4" thick (plus plexi) with 30mm holes.

I really wanted the OSBN Sanwa buttons, but it doesn't look like they would be long enough for 3/4" unless I route out the bottom of the holes quite a bit, which I really don't want to do.  Seimitsu PS-14's seems like they're a little longer, but it's hard to find solid info if they'll work.

--- End quote ---
PS-14's aren't long enough for 3/4" plus plexi.

--- Quote from: PL1 on August 05, 2014, 01:50:19 am ---The PS-14-KN buttons 30mm buttons -- standard 1-1/8" buttons have a thread diameter of ~1.097" and use a 28mm (1.102") bit.

They are are very similar (interchangable cap) to Seimitsu PS-14-GN-C buttons that mount on 1/2" thick wood and have a thread diameter of ~1.165".

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: smazze on January 28, 2024, 10:30:44 pm ---Just wondering if anyone has an suggestions on what screw-in type buttons would work meeting those specs.

--- End quote ---
Closest good ones that I can think of are Ultimarc Goldleafs.

You might want to make a sleeve with 0.75mm to 1mm thick walls to keep the 28mm button body centered in the 30mm hole.
- Easy to do if you have a 3d printer.  LMK if you want a printable/customizable model for this, it'll only take a few minutes to design in OpenSCAD.

For comparison, here are a Happ/IL and a Goldleaf installed on 3/4 MDF.

Scott

smazze:
Okay, bummer that's what I figured...Thanks for the Ultimarc suggestion, I'm ordering a trackball and Ipac 4 from there anyway, maybe I'll just tack onto that order.  I'll ask around and see if I can get access to a 3d printer!

PL1:

--- Quote from: smazze on January 29, 2024, 11:45:55 am ---I'll ask around and see if I can get access to a 3d printer!

--- End quote ---
If one isn't available, the Goldleafs are probably OK without a sleeve or you can use electrical tape, thin cardboard, or heatshrink.

Scott

Zebidee:

--- Quote from: PL1 on January 29, 2024, 07:16:40 pm ---If one isn't available, the Goldleafs are probably OK without a sleeve or you can use electrical tape, thin cardboard, or heatshrink.

Scott

--- End quote ---

Plumbers tape seems ideal for this purpose

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version