Arcade Collecting > Restorations & repair

Sega Mega-Tech Restoration

<< < (2/9) > >>

mourix:

--- Quote from: pbj on January 30, 2024, 09:00:17 am ---Never saw one of these in the wild, pretty cool looking.  Looks like the cartridges are pretty easy to bootleg:

https://www.tindie.com/products/caiusarcade/sega-mega-tech-reproduction-cart-blank-board/

Surely other games have been ported to that system by now?

EDIT - looks like you can run an Everdrive on them...

https://mega.nz/folder/5mZGTQZQ#mDAuPaSu1BSt6G0WRXTMqQ

--- End quote ---

The Mega-Tech did not get a wide US release.

I got many open source hardware ideas brewing. There are Mega Drive or SMS based original carts to be remade ofc. But even a Mega-Tech to original Mega Drive or Master System cart converter board should be possible :burgerking:

Right now I'm trying to get all the data on the Arcade Otaku wiki. Lots of reverse engineering to do.

mourix:
This weekend I stabilized the foundation. Basically the entire side was cracked and wobbly:

I hid 6 long screws below the metal protection bars along the bottom. For good measure I put some extra metal braces, long screws for the feet and lots of wood glue. This is now most definitely the strongest section of the entire cab:

Mike A:
Keep it coming.

Love it.

mourix:
Documentation sharing time

The cab included a written manual for the Hantarex MTC9000, but the changed main screen was a Kortek KTM-F with no manual available online.
I ended up tracking down the missing manual on UK ebay. Damn, post brexit import duties and shipping cost were higher than the item...

Anyways, here we are:

After a night of scanning and Photoshop now free for everyone:
Kortek Sejoo KTM-F Technical Manual Eurocoin Vision Series
Hantarex MTC 9000 Service Manual 14"-20"
Hantarex MTC9000/A Circuit Diagram 14"-20"

mourix:

--- Quote from: mourix on January 30, 2024, 12:24:28 pm ---I got many open source hardware ideas brewing. There are Mega Drive or SMS based original carts to be remade ofc. But even a Mega-Tech to original Mega Drive or Master System cart converter board should be possible :burgerking:

Right now I'm trying to get all the data on the Arcade Otaku wiki. Lots of reverse engineering to do.

--- End quote ---

Sneak peek at what's (home)brewing:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version