Main > Consoles

How should I power on my DC-based cabinet? Here's how I did it.

<< < (2/2)

ZTylerDurden717:

--- Quote from: Zebidee on January 05, 2024, 09:53:56 am ---
If you aren't afraid of some minor hacking, I like to install one of these bad boys in the back of my cabs. Search for "IEC320 PC power socket male". That way, when moving the cab or whatever, I never have to worry about a dangling power cord. There are many varieties, but I like the ones that have an LED in the switch and a fuse (you may need to buy the fuse separately).

--- End quote ---

This is excellent.  It's just as practical and can insert a fuse that solves my concern.  And yeah, you're right, I do get inconvenienced with the dangling "tail" power cord moving it around.

Where do you drill the hole in your cab for placement? The back or bottom?

Zebidee:

--- Quote from: ZTylerDurden717 on January 05, 2024, 10:22:33 am ---This is excellent.  It's just as practical and can insert a fuse that solves my concern.  And yeah, you're right, I do get inconvenienced with the dangling "tail" power cord moving it around.

Where do you drill the hole in your cab for placement? The back or bottom?

--- End quote ---

Back, a few inches up from cab's floor and in from side. Wherever is most convenient for you, yet gives enough wiggle room to access the terminals from inside.

If you want to push the cab right up against a wall, right-angle cords/adapters are cheaply available to suit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version