Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyMiSTer

<< < (2/14) > >>

psakhis:

--- Quote from: GroggyExpulsion on December 31, 2023, 06:25:17 pm ---Does this co-exist with the other Mister cores allowing me to run groovyarcade and mister together?

--- End quote ---
Yes, but inputs for groovyarcade are connected on pc side (atm GroovyMiSTer it's only gpu)

donluca:
I'm really curious as to what kind of latency we can expect from this.

Zebidee:

--- Quote from: donluca on January 01, 2024, 04:22:18 pm ---I'm really curious as to what kind of latency we can expect from this.

--- End quote ---

The irony of waiting for latency data.

I'd guess it mostly depends on network speeds and cable lengths.

Back in the mid 20th, big TV stations often had rooms full of video cables. To make sure everyone, in every office, got the same thing at the same time. So if the furthest office was 300m away, *every* office got 300m worth of cable. Were probably talking about a few tens of milliseconds difference at most.

Fast gamers might be concerned about tens of microseconds.

I've lately been quite consumed with tens of nanoseconds, towards faster signal response times and better alignment of YPbPr signals (sharper image, better colour changes/constancy). Have been comparing with Mister's (both native analog YPbPr output and via VGA GreenAntz) and some other transcoders.

Sorry I'm digressing slightly. Still, latency, video signals and Mister :)

psakhis:

--- Quote from: donluca on January 01, 2024, 04:22:18 pm ---I'm really curious as to what kind of latency we can expect from this.

--- End quote ---
The expert in measuring it is @Calamity. He measures with a high frame delay around 3 or 4ms (all, including inputs and emulation).

From a technical point of view, frame starts to blit with first udp packet, it is not necessary wait all frame so it's really fast.

Paradroid:
Well, well, well... 2024 could be an interesting year here!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this. :)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version