Main > Lightguns

IR-GUN4ALL - Enhanced Arduino-powered DIY 4-Point IR Lightgun System

<< < (2/10) > >>

judokan:
Do you know the project https://gp2040-ce.info/#/ the configuration is done through the website by inserting it into the computer with a button pressed

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: judokan on November 27, 2023, 02:42:45 pm ---Do you know the project https://gp2040-ce.info/#/ the configuration is done through the website by inserting it into the computer with a button pressed

--- End quote ---
I have heard of GP2040, and that would be a very cool feature to have! Presumably, it would necessitate shifting the preprocessor defines into values resident in memory and expanding a bit on what the profiles save, but I think it could be done - therefore reducing the need to use the Arduino IDE for configuration at all.

Unfortunately, that would have to wait until the kinks with the current featureset is smoothed over (I'm still getting the odd crash report which takes priority, and I'm still waiting on responses from the Adafruit issues). Beyond that, networking isn't really something I've ever messed with, so I'm looking for examples - and the only ones that continues to come up in searches are either using actual Ethernet/Wifi (which the reference boards don't have) or are relying on a Chromium-exclusive API like Serial or WebUSB, which... as a Firefox user, I really don't like the idea of having to use a Chrome-based browser just to configure my board.

kim_sama_999:
Interesting. Do you use Pro Micro?

judokan:
Hello friend, I don't know why, but I can't get it to work, I use pins 2 SDA and 3 SCL on the Raspberry pi pico and on the Waveshare Zero RP2040, I put 2 Wii bars as explained on a small 22" screen and the The mouse pointer does not move like it does on the gun4ir, the camera has been tested on the gun4ir and works perfectly, could analog controls be added to take advantage of the ones found on Cabela's Top Shot Elite? Cheers.

ThatOneSeong:

--- Quote from: kim_sama_999 on November 29, 2023, 12:35:15 am ---Interesting. Do you use Pro Micro?

--- End quote ---
Technically speaking, Atmega32u4-based boards (like Pro Micro and its clones, Teensy, etc.) are compatible - as in, they will build fine. However, with all the functions added for peripheral support, the final compiled lump exceeds the flash storage space of any Atmega-based board out there.
This is actually part of why the code uses a frankly disgusting amount of precompiler defines, in my attempt to shrink the additional footprint as much as possible.
At one point, I had it built for a Pro Micro with literally every extra feature disabled (which makes the sketch basically amount to Samco/Prow's fork with a button bug fix), and the size was within 50 bytes of the storage limit.

In theory, one could shrink down external library use and stuff to cram it in to fit on those boards; and as much as it would be neat to be a drop-in replacement for other systems, it just wasn't feasible - especially now with mamehook support, there's no way it'd fit now. :D
As a consolation prize, Picos are the current development target - and they can be bought for just as cheap, if not cheaper than Pro Micro clones. Even the SAMD21-based boards (using a Cortex-M0 non-plus) have more than enough space, but the RP2040 just gives so much more room for activity.

--- Quote from: judokan on November 30, 2023, 07:59:01 am ---Hello friend, I don't know why, but I can't get it to work, I use pins 2 SDA and 3 SCL on the Raspberry pi pico and on the Waveshare Zero RP2040, I put 2 Wii bars as explained on a small 22" screen and the The mouse pointer does not move like it does on the gun4ir, the camera has been tested on the gun4ir and works perfectly, could analog controls be added to take advantage of the ones found on Cabela's Top Shot Elite? Cheers.

--- End quote ---
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that!
I unfortunately don't have a vanilla Pico on me, but I think I know exactly why this is happening - a small goof on my behalf, where the sketch only initializes the I2C lines on the ItsyBitsy board specifically, but not RP2040 boards in general (so nothing gets init'd on the vanilla Pico). Big oof on my behalf, and I'll have it fixed fixed it, should be pushed to the repo now along with a hotfix'd release. If you still can't get the camera booting, toss up an issue on the GitHub repo; I'd be able to track it there and better discuss any further resolutions.
As for the analog stick, it would be possible, but--are you looking to replicate analog functionality, or just read it digitally? I would recommend, again, to make a feature request issue on the repo for easier tracking. I don't have an analog stick I can test myself so I hadn't been able to implement it, but it should be doable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version