Main > Buy/Sell/Trade - non-retail

Looking for someone to build a controller [US][VA][Fredericksburg]

<< < (2/2)

PL1:

--- Quote from: hepcat23 on November 01, 2023, 11:59:05 am ---I checked this site for a list of games that use 4 player buttons and a 4 way stick.

--- End quote ---
Good.   ;D

Did you also check for spinner and trackball games that might use 4 (or more) buttons?  Not sure if there are any.   :dunno

--- Quote from: hepcat23 on November 01, 2023, 11:59:05 am ---Regarding spinner location: if above the trackball is still too close, then putting it directly to the left or right of the trackball probably wouldn't work either. What about putting the spinner on top right above the three player buttons and putting three admin buttons on the top left, with an Esc/Quit button on the back as you suggested? Am I missing something obvious with that set up?

--- End quote ---
As always, the devil's in the details, but putting the spinner in the upper right (or upper left?) corner would probably work.
- Consider which hand goes on which control and whether there's enough room for your palms/wrists/arms.

Try to avoid having buttons close enough to the trackball that you accidently hit them during vigorous gameplay.

A cardboard box mockup with 1:1 drawings of the controls taped on the box can give you a rough idea whether a layout would work.

Depending on the size/layout, you may find that splitting it into 2 separate controllers --one a 4-way fightstick w. spinner and the other a dedicated trackball -- works better for you.

--- Quote from: hepcat23 on November 01, 2023, 11:59:05 am ---should I keep this thread in the Buy/Sell section of the forum or should I repost it in another subforum now that I'm considering trying to build it?

--- End quote ---
Since you're still looking to buy at least a controller shell, I'd leave this thread here.

If you can find someone to make a shell for you, maybe consider starting a thread over in Project Announcements and post cross-links in the two threads.   ;D

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version