Main > Consoles

Atari Gamestation

(1/2) > >>

Zakk:
Just picked up one of these...pretty interesting piece of hardware. They have included an SD port as a last minute addition, so that you can add roms, and supposedly will handle emulation of multiple systems. I was most interested in the HDMI port, and the non reliance on "cloud" storage. Plus the damn thing is only $99 with two controllers with working paddles built in, that's pretty decent for the price. Anyone else grab one of these? (I know, I'm on a bit of an atari nostalgia kick at the moment).

LTC:
Do the paddles have stops, or are they continuous motion?

I was thinking of pre-ordering the 2600+, but haven't done it yet. I have plenty of original carts and controllers.

pbj:
I preordered a 2600+ but cancelled when it came out it was emulation and they refused to test Pitfall 2.  And if it’s emulation, why no 5200?  Assault on Dreadnaught is the best game on any of those three consoles.

So, I picked up a couple of the Flashbacks from Goodwill for $30 shipped.  One of them is a system on a chip and with a dremel and a lot of jumper wires you can make it read cartridges.  I was bored in 5 minutes.  No wonder they looked brand new.

Zakk:

--- Quote from: LTC on November 02, 2023, 01:51:43 pm ---Do the paddles have stops, or are they continuous motion?

I was thinking of pre-ordering the 2600+, but haven't done it yet. I have plenty of original carts and controllers.

--- End quote ---

I won't know for sure until the 25th of Dec :)
I'm purposefully not watching too much about this machine, I do believe I saw a video where they were playing warlords and said it was totally playable with them, so I have to assume they don't have positive stops (and why would they include that, just something more to break).
I DO like the look of the 2600+ but for sure they will end up on ebay for half price within a couple of years, especially if the gamestation takes a big bite out of their sales (which I'm sure it will, I had planned to get the 2600+ and a multicart).

LTC:

--- Quote from: pbj on November 02, 2023, 07:30:24 pm ---I preordered a 2600+ but cancelled when it came out it was emulation and they refused to test Pitfall 2.  And if it’s emulation, why no 5200?  Assault on Dreadnaught is the best game on any of those three consoles.

So, I picked up a couple of the Flashbacks from Goodwill for $30 shipped.  One of them is a system on a chip and with a dremel and a lot of jumper wires you can make it read cartridges.  I was bored in 5 minutes.  No wonder they looked brand new.

--- End quote ---

I have a Flashback from a thrift store as well. Haven't really played it other than making sure it works. From what I've read, they don't do well with paddle controllers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version