Main > Consoles

New release Atari 800XL

<< < (2/2)

danny_galaga:
Yeah Castle Wolfenstein on Apple Il was da bomb. SCHWEINHUND!!!

Like you, I missed a lot of stuff from mid 80's until I discovered Age of Empires. So I sometimes feel like a bit of a pretender. But I'm having fun catching up to stuff I missed out on the first time around. When I get my act together, I think the C64 is what I'll play around with the most. Mebbe learn more than HELLO WORLD 😄

That Atari looks good though. Hope it turns out as advertised

Zakk:

--- Quote from: danny_galaga on October 07, 2023, 01:56:13 am ---Yeah Castle Wolfenstein on Apple Il was da bomb. SCHWEINHUND!!!

Like you, I missed a lot of stuff from mid 80's until I discovered Age of Empires. So I sometimes feel like a bit of a pretender. But I'm having fun catching up to stuff I missed out on the first time around. When I get my act together, I think the C64 is what I'll play around with the most. Mebbe learn more than HELLO WORLD 😄

That Atari looks good though. Hope it turns out as advertised

--- End quote ---
Lol, I was brutal to those guards. ALWAYS held them up first and THEN executed them. But it was okay, they were bad guys.
I really might try to find a list of games that was ONLY on the C64 and not ported, which a LOT were. I'm sure I'm missing some jems. Seven cities of gold by electronic arts was literally spanish conquest and colonialism...imagine a game like that coming out today, but it was legit fun 'in the day'. Either pacify the natives with beads and malaria, or be sure you have enough dudes to slaughter them all. IMAGINE that being an EA game. I should do a mockup ad for that game and see how long it takes for EA to send cease and desist orders to youtube :)

nitrogen_widget:
in my school c64 was king.
i knew one person with an atari with the membrane keyboard.
don't remember if it was 400 or 800.
nobody used it though by late 80's.

i bought an 800XL a little while back along with a multi-cart and then got a fuji-net because my janky SIO cord i used to try and transfer a game didn't work all the time.
the fuji cost me more than the atari. lol.

it's a cool device.
uses the internet to load games.
i also plug into a crt tv. i have a few.
a 19" with composite is just fine for me on a tv with a curved tube.
that's what i used for my c64 and it was just fine for me back then.
doesn't take up much space either.

i wish i bought the remade vic20 with the working keyboard when it was everywhere.

forgot to mention i think this is very cool if it really does work with original Atari peripherals.
there are still a lot of people out there playing games off floppy disk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version