Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

RPI 5 now at pre-sale. today.

<< < (3/4) > >>

bobbyb13:
If I could get the vector fork of Advancemame to run on a PC then I wouldn't even consider a Pi.

They frustrate the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- out of me to begin with and up to and including the Pi4 can still only run a few games I really want to play pretty half-assed.
I want my vector games full-assed.
I'm talking like Kelly Lebrock bitd kinda full-assed.

If there is a new PC that includes an ssd that can be had for less than $150 that will run even mame .106 vector games full speed then somebody please post a link because I would buy two right now.

Otherwise a Pi5 may be in my future.

nitrogen_widget:

--- Quote from: bobbyb13 on October 02, 2023, 03:59:47 am ---If I could get the vector fork of Advancemame to run on a PC then I wouldn't even consider a Pi.

They frustrate the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- out of me to begin with and up to and including the Pi4 can still only run a few games I really want to play pretty half-assed.

If there is a new PC that includes an ssd that can be had for less than $150 that will run even mame .106 vector games full speed then somebody please post a link because I would buy two right now.

--- End quote ---

what are we talking cpu wise for that?

lilshawn:

--- Quote from: nitrogen_widget on October 02, 2023, 09:07:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: bobbyb13 on October 02, 2023, 03:59:47 am ---If I could get the vector fork of Advancemame to run on a PC then I wouldn't even consider a Pi.

--- End quote ---

what are we talking cpu wise for that?

--- End quote ---

literally, RPi 4 geekbench score with maximum overclocking possible (2 GHz) is close to Intel Celeron N4000. for single-threaded performance it's close to Intel Celeron N3050.

so i dunno... any turd?

if you must know... any cpu with a benchmark score over 1425... which is... a lot.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+N4000+%40+1.10GHz&id=3239

nitrogen_widget:
so $50 i3 motherboard with cpu, cooler, and 8gb of ram.

if you don't have a psu or old ssd a little more but it'll be twice as fast but bulkier.

lilshawn:
pretty much. i've thrown away computers more capable than a pi.

if you require it to be small form factor.. go pi... but if size isn't a constraint... you cant beat an actual computer in terms of power to price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version