Main > Artwork

Led Light through CP artwork?

(1/1)

NitroNights:
Hi all :)

I would like to create a control panel where light can be seen through the vinyl artwork in certain areas, somewhat like a Tron theme.

I'm thinking of building mine with a layer of plexiglass on top of MDF and then putting vinyl on the top. And then I would shine led light through the plexiglass from below.

My hope is that the places where the vinyl is white that the light will be able to be seen.

Does anyone have experience with having done something similar and would like to share their experiences if this will work or there’s a better solution?

Thanks

PL1:

--- Quote from: NitroNights on August 23, 2023, 03:40:29 am ---I would like to create a control panel where light can be seen through the vinyl artwork in certain areas, somewhat like a Tron theme.

I'm thinking of building mine with a layer of plexiglass on top of MDF and then putting vinyl on the top. And then I would shine led light through the plexiglass from below.

My hope is that the places where the vinyl is white that the light will be able to be seen.

Does anyone have experience with having done something similar and would like to share their experiences if this will work or there’s a better solution?

--- End quote ---
Check out Arroyo's "The Grid" build.   ;D

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html

Scott

NitroNights:
Thank you very much, that was exactly the information and experience that I was looking for. That build will help me alot.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version