Main > Retail vendors

15kHz passthrough CRT protection dongle - sale thread

<< < (3/3)

wergio:

--- Quote from: buttersoft on June 06, 2023, 09:40:14 pm ---The dongle then outputs RGBS via a female DB15HD (VGA) plug, pushing composite sync on pin 13.

--- End quote ---
I've got an AdvanceMame setup with direct connection from the PC VGA to an Hantarex Polo 15KHz connector (see attachment) with all wires connected (RGB hsync vsync ground). Your dongle could be used in my setup? I see pin 13 AND 14 in the wiring, are they both pushed on or only 13 (composite sync)?

buttersoft:
Hi werigo, sorry for the late reply, something has been cblocking me from accessing the forum easily for months.

Yes, it looks like the dongle should work with your setup. RGB and ground are simply passed through on the expected VGA pins (1,2,3 and 5/6/7/8/10, respectively). For sync, the dongle outputs c-sync only, on pin 13. Pin 14 is not connected (well, it's connected to the PCB for structural strength, but that pad is not wired to anything).

--- Quote from: wergio on December 09, 2023, 09:41:47 am ---I've got an AdvanceMame setup with direct connection from the PC VGA to an Hantarex Polo 15KHz connector (see attachment) with all wires connected (RGB hsync vsync ground). Your dongle could be used in my setup? I see pin 13 AND 14 in the wiring, are they both pushed on or only 13 (composite sync)?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version