Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

TETRIS now available for Megatouch Ion 2014

(1/2) > >>

Megatouchmike:
Testing the waters to see if there's an interest in new games for Megatouch.  I've ported an open source version of TETRIS to Ion 2014.  Shows up in the puzzles menu and saves high scores like any other game.

I've had about a dozen or so people successfully test this update. If interested, I'm happy to share.

The update is a ~1.5mb file that you will need to save to a fat32-formatted thumb drive. Boot the megatouch with the thumb drive inserted, and the update should automatically install.

This will only work on original unmodified/unhacked software.

Spank:
That looks cool, I'll like to try it out.
When you tap down does it drop the block or go faster if held?

Wonder if Tetrinet is still around. That was a great multi player version of Tetris. would be nice to set up a few megatouches and play against each other.
Am I the only one with multiple games linked? You don't see too many people talk about multi games.

New games added sounds like a great idea, Bring back uno and skeeball I think that was a better version of the later roller game.

lilshawn:
interesting! i'm up for new games!

On the backside, what kinds of games can be "ported" into the megatouch? there are piles of linux games with touch support on "itch.io" could some of those be slotted into it or is there a specific format/particular type of code that has to be used in the game system nativity to run?

Megatouchmike:

--- Quote from: Spank on May 18, 2023, 11:17:40 am ---That looks cool, I'll like to try it out.
When you tap down does it drop the block or go faster if held?

--- End quote ---

Faster

--- Quote ---Wonder if Tetrinet is still around. That was a great multi player version of Tetris. would be nice to set up a few megatouches and play against each other.
Am I the only one with multiple games linked? You don't see too many people talk about multi games.
--- End quote ---

Is there a Linux port for tetrinet? Does the windows version run under wine? That's a great idea

--- Quote ---New games added sounds like a great idea, Bring back uno and skeeball I think that was a better version of the later roller game.

--- End quote ---

Uno for sure. Already have that working on another build. Skee ball will be more difficult due to the 3d rendering and driver issues

Megatouchmike:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on May 18, 2023, 11:46:18 am ---interesting! i'm up for new games!

On the backside, what kinds of games can be "ported" into the megatouch? there are piles of linux games with touch support on "itch.io" could some of those be slotted into it or is there a specific format/particular type of code that has to be used in the game system nativity to run?

--- End quote ---

Anything that I can get to compile on a nearly 15 year old OS. I've had luck with some gtk and python games. If there are any you want to see, let me know

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version