Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver not installing winxp x64 (Naomi Cab build)  (Read 606 times)

Deathblow81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:51:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT Emudriver not installing winxp x64 (Naomi Cab build)
« on: March 25, 2023, 08:10:26 am »
Hi All,

I'm trying to build a machine for a Naomi cab.....

I want to use groovyArcade as it seems to be the best?

I have :

H81M P33
I think an i5@3.2

Win xp x64

I tried the graphics card I had in an old PC

Firepro V5900

Was a bit too fruity and I couldnt work out how to get the install to take, the installer couldnt find the device (was properly installed).

Bought a different card HD5450

Now I cant install Emu driver 2.0 due to not having "administrator privileges" despite being the admin.

Any help with any of the above?

Also what do I need to consider when pairing with a Naomi monitor (I havent taken the back off in an age).

Thanks man!

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: CRT Emudriver not installing winxp x64 (Naomi Cab build)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 07:50:02 pm »
crt_emudriver v1.2b and older work on XP. This is a legacy version, not updated and not recommended.

crt_emudriver 2.0 works on Win7/10. Make sure to read the info in the first post of the download thread before selecting the version you need. There is one that works with your Radeon HD 5450 - http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295

GroovyArcade is for Linux OS. GroovyMAME is for Windows. crt_emudriver 2.0 is required for newer versions of GroovyMAME. Newer versions of MAME or GM are much easier to find roms for.

A Naomi cabinet would typically have had a 31kHz (640x480p) monitor in it - you should find the model number on the CRT chassis (the big electronics board, not the tube) and check google. GroovyMAME and crt_emudriver target 15kHz (480i/240p) monitors. Assuming you want to run primarily 15kHz games (Most pre-noami games were 15kHz - CPS1/CPS2/Neo-Geo/etc) there's nothing stopping you using GM, but it's a very slightly stepper learning curve than using regular MAME with a 31kHz monitor. And i'm not an expert in using it that way.

Deathblow81

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 07:59:22 am »
Thank you Buttersoft!

I noted that, but thought it advised using the latest 2.0 with this card, but with xp in the mix....will try now.

Cheers!

Deathblow81

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 01:18:29 pm »
Yes, aiming for CPS1 & 2, I've been reading shedloads already, stuck messing with xp, might go win 7.