Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cruis'n World Help!!!  (Read 867 times)

Cruisn World

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2023, 03:07:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Cruis'n World Help!!!
« on: March 23, 2023, 03:07:18 pm »
Hello,
I have two Cruis'n World Arcade Cabinets. One starts up, no problem however after some time, it reboots back to CPU screen. Not sure what I need to do to fix this. The other cabinet plays blind. Not sure if I can fix the screen to show the picture.  I am a noob and need help figuring this out, so please respond in lamens terms. I have included a photo of the back of the cabinet should you need it.Thanks!

baritonomarchetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:10:16 pm
Re: Cruis'n World Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 02:18:30 am »
The reboot has a whole lot of possible causes. I would check the power supply first, in particolar the +5V DC line and eventually rebuild it.
About the cab running blind: do you hear game's music/effects? If yes, the game is running and you should candidate the monitor as cause of the issue. To check if your monitor is working, rise the SCREEN potentiometer on the monitor chassis and look at the CRT. If the screen is still dead/black, you likely have a flyback issue. If the monitor is grey/white, well that's your RASTER (which is good). This means your high voltage is there and your monitor likely working. You would be then allowed to candidate video signals as possible cause of the issue (cables/connectors and back to the game PCB).