Main > Forum/Website Discussion

Is this forum dying?

(1/3) > >>

abispac:
There are not many replys, even on other members topics, so it seems to me that its alowly dying.... What do ou guys think?

Ropi Jo:
I expect this thread to get some replies. Might even be worth getting out the popcorn.

Where's that Michael Jackson scene?

I think the problem could be that so few people have the answers. Only when they get involved do threads get replied to.

But it doesn't help that some of the experts are a-holes looking to slate bods less knowledgeable than themselves.

I read every post on here, but very rarely can I offer assistance.

abispac:
Well im one of the veterans here, and can see that many of the other veterans are no involved anymore, and the newer ones, can barely help.... So i guess you are right. Ive always try to help as i can. and even though it has been over 20 years, still got stuff to ask....

nipsmg:
I think a lot of us have slowed down a bit with the hobby, and the crappy Arcade 1-ups “scratch the itch” for enough people that the hobby itself has slowed dramatically.  I think this place is and will always be the #1 source for info for this hobby, but it’s just not as active as it was and I expect it to keep trending in that direction.

bobbyb13:
You have this forum confused with another one I think.
I get help on the often grouchier one I reference also, but this place is far better with the assistance with a smile aspect.
Nobody anywhere will help someone just being obnoxious or lazy though, so different people get different levels of assistance.

--- Quote from: Ropi Jo on March 05, 2023, 01:44:32 pm ---I expect this thread to get some replies. Might even be worth getting out the popcorn.

Where's that Michael Jackson scene?

I think the problem could be that so few people have the answers. Only when they get involved do threads get replied to.

But it doesn't help that some of the experts are a-holes looking to slate bods less knowledgeable than themselves.

I read every post on here, but very rarely can I offer assistance.

--- End quote ---

The people with the most knowledge of things useful around here are often very generous with their time and knowledge-
But my experience is that they are extraordinarily busy guys in their lives outside the hobby.

Everything ebbs and flows and patience pays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version