Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MegaTouch Gametime error "Power Saving Mode DSUB Analog"  (Read 1305 times)

Jeff4567!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2023, 09:00:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MegaTouch Gametime error "Power Saving Mode DSUB Analog"
« on: March 03, 2023, 02:06:06 pm »
I've recently been trying to resurrect a MegaTouch Gametime bar game.  It had been sitting for a few years in storage.  I replaced the 2032 battery on the motherboard and the machine still wouldn't boot on its own.  I force booted it, and the first time I must have only touched the correct two pins because the screen showed it booting up.  However, at the time I didn't have a keyboard to adjust the BIOS settings so I shut it down.  Now I have the keyboard, but when I tried jumping it I think I touched the wrong pins because now the screen shows "Power Saving Mode DSUB Analog" and I no matter what I do to the keyboard while trying to force start it, I can't get a different result.  Any ideas???

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:06:46 pm
Re: MegaTouch Gametime error "Power Saving Mode DSUB Analog"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 10:21:51 am »
If the motherboard is turned on and the fans on the motherboard are spinning, then thats usually the sign of a bad video chipset on the motherboard and can't be fixed, motherboard must be replaced.

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:58:28 am
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 10:20:33 pm »
I've recently been trying to resurrect a MegaTouch Gametime bar game.  It had been sitting for a few years in storage.  I replaced the 2032 battery on the motherboard and the machine still wouldn't boot on its own.  I force booted it, and the first time I must have only touched the correct two pins because the screen showed it booting up.  However, at the time I didn't have a keyboard to adjust the BIOS settings so I shut it down.  Now I have the keyboard, but when I tried jumping it I think I touched the wrong pins because now the screen shows "Power Saving Mode DSUB Analog" and I no matter what I do to the keyboard while trying to force start it, I can't get a different result.  Any ideas???

Assuming you have the Asus board, it's worth trying to replace the memory but you rarely get lucky with those ---smurfy--- boards. The Intel board should fit nicely in your machine and is a stable replacement as long as your software is 2009.5 or above

Dazzzzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 07:21:38 am
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 04:30:56 am »
You could always remove the motherboard from the case and try it externally to the Megatouch, shouldnt be a Power Issue if the screen is displaying a message.
I would take the board out and connect it up to a standard Monitor and PC Power Supply to see if it will boot at all

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 12:32:20 pm »
"Power Saving Mode DSUB Analog" is the monitors way of saying "I'm on, but I'm not getting any video signal... so I will be going to sleep soon if i dont get one."

this tells you the monitor is working and is receiving power... and also tells you the power supply is working since the the whole system shares a common power supply... and that something is up with the computer board and for whatever reason, it's not outputting any video signal.

This could be any number of things... ordered from most likely, to least likely...

- The motherboard is not powered on.
- The motherboard is not outputting ANY video signal.
- There is an issue with the video cabling from the computer motherboard to the monitor.

a dead CMOS battery will cause the first one.
a dead motherboard will cause the first and second ones.
an unplugged or broken cable will cause the third.

there is a couple threads in here with pics and descriptions that talk about how to jumpstart the motherboard after changing the battery. have a look at those threads to see what you need to jump to get it going again... and if the board powers up and starts outputting video again. if not... it's toast and you'll need to source another one.