Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame Robotron and issue switching from shooting diagonals to straights  (Read 352 times)

dodgey99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2023, 08:05:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I've got two 8 way sticks (mag stick Pro). Robot moves perfectly - you can pretty much move the stick in a circle and the char moves in all directions as you'd expect.
But when it comes to the right stick, for shooting, it works, but, you can move the stick around as you please (in a circle, lets say) and he shoots all the diagonals pefectly, but if you want to shoot straight (up down left right) it won't unless you release the stick (i.e. release the switches) then push straight up/down/left right. As you can imagine this is not helpful!
I assumed it was the stick perhaps biasing towards diags (it's a mag stick plus, in 8-way mode), but just checked and it's not, and to be 100% sure, I swicthed the sticks in mame settings, making left the fire stick and right the movement stick, and somewhat suprisingly, it's not the sticks! Char still moves perfectly and shooting is still diagonal biased, and you have to release and re-apply stick to get straights.
I'm assuming this is the way the game is written? is there a work around? A setting in mame? I don't have issues with any other games.