Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Diamonds in Mr. Do and other neat features on old arcades....  (Read 993 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
Hey i was wondering if you guys are on the mood to talk about neat tricks on old arcade games tha might or might not have a way to pull them off. Like the diamond on mr do. Its there a way to easily get it? or is just 100% pure luck? Ive always wonder about that one. There are another ones that ive always wonder or ool tricks, or ass tricks like in the Teenage mutant ninja turtles, where you could jump of the grid in orther to avoid being hit by the enemys, but your team mates had to deal with them, that was a cool trick, or in ninja gaiden, where you could jump of the grid as well, and avoind the black ninja enemies for a while.... i would love to see some of those tricks, im a upload a video of the ones i just spoke. But the diamond in mr do,, always had me wonder....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 12:50:21 pm by abispac »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Diamonds in Mr. Do and other neat features on old arcades....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 02:28:29 pm »
in pac-man, if you can get the ghosts to chase you from the lower left corner area over to the right middle area shown from underneath and you keep facing "up" the ghosts can't find you. this is due to the pathfinding the ghosts have programmed, and their player chase traits, making this spot an area where they keep missing you.

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
Re: Diamonds in Mr. Do and other neat features on old arcades....
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 04:59:14 pm »
in pac-man, if you can get the ghosts to chase you from the lower left corner area over to the right middle area shown from underneath and you keep facing "up" the ghosts can't find you. this is due to the pathfinding the ghosts have programmed, and their player chase traits, making this spot an area where they keep missing you.
Oh yeah, i love this one, and it works on the both original hardware and emulation, and i actually tried mu luck everytime i did it, i didnt knew you had to had the ghosts chase you from the lower left.