Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problem launching games on GroovyArcade  (Read 775 times)

mad4cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2023, 07:46:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Problem launching games on GroovyArcade
« on: February 25, 2023, 02:45:49 pm »
Hello everyone,
I've just installed GroovyArcade on my PC inside my arcade cabinet (Naomi universal).
My GPU is an AMD R9 270X and my monitor a Nanao MS-2932-S (31 kHz).
I've set Arcade_31 as video option.

Everything is working well (attract plus start and shows up), but when I launch a game I get nothing but a black screen. Also, when I acces the geometry menu, I get again nothing but a black screen.

I will attach logs hoping those would help understanding the issue.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:48:03 pm by mad4cab »

Robbbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2024, 04:40:45 am
Re: Problem launching games on GroovyArcade
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 08:28:56 pm »
I assume you're using 0.252 .  There were a large number of changes to do with controllers in the 251-252 cycle. The easy way to find out if it's a controller issue is to unplug your joystick (or whatever). Or in your mame.ini change joystickprovider to none.

Another suggestion is to select bgfx instead of auto/d3d as your preferred video. This might affect the groovy video extensions though - you'll find out soon enough.

If it appears to be a controller issue, have a read of this page: https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/ctrlr_config.html

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2024, 04:44:11 pm
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 03:23:12 pm »
I assume you're using 0.252 .  There were a large number of changes to do with controllers in the 251-252 cycle. The easy way to find out if it's a controller issue is to unplug your joystick (or whatever). Or in your mame.ini change joystickprovider to none.

Another suggestion is to select bgfx instead of auto/d3d as your preferred video. This might affect the groovy video extensions though - you'll find out soon enough.

If it appears to be a controller issue, have a read of this page: https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/ctrlr_config.html

Good try, but:
- talking about GroovyArcade here ;)
- bgfx dpesn't work good on linux for modeswitching
- 252 isn't pushed yet to GroovyArcade

My 1st question would be: do you have a second monitor plugged ?

mad4cab

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2023, 07:46:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 08:18:41 am »
I'm so sorry guys... I found the problem.
I bought a second hand R9 270x from a private, but it sent me a GTX660 instead... I was really convinced that everything had to work almost out of the box with that card and I didn't checked it...