Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Video description of the X-Gun  (Read 1703 times)

Ugo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2023, 04:52:16 pm
  • Check out the X-GUN
Video description of the X-Gun
« on: February 09, 2023, 12:27:04 pm »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:47:02 pm
Re: Video description of the X-Gun
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 08:21:04 am »
Looks awesome, especially the software.  I look forward to seeing the IR accuracy.
Not sure about the feel of the trigger with it being pressure sensitive, but the haptic feedback and recoil might make it feel like it clicks.
Onboard battery for all that hardware might get heavy after a while.

I have nothing else to nitpick.  You've covered pretty much everything anyone could ask for in a gun.   :cheers:

Ugo

• Offline Offline
  • Check out the X-GUN
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 11:44:55 am »
Looks awesome, especially the software.  I look forward to seeing the IR accuracy.
Not sure about the feel of the trigger with it being pressure sensitive, but the haptic feedback and recoil might make it feel like it clicks.
Onboard battery for all that hardware might get heavy after a while.

I have nothing else to nitpick.  You've covered pretty much everything anyone could ask for in a gun.   :cheers:

Thanks for the feedback.

The IR accuracy is pretty good. I will upload another video, demoing the IR accuracy.

You're correct, the Trigger isn't traditional. However, the recoil gives you that "click" sensation.
Similar to when Apple had the Haptic Home Button on the iPhone. Except the X-Gun has a bigger bang! lol.

I have to admit I was nervous about the overall weight of the gun, considering all those parts. Surprisingly, the weight was very light. Even after 15 mins of playing, my hands didn't get worn out.

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:44:49 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 02:11:38 pm »
The tech and software look impressive. Any idea on price range? I'm assuming you are targeting a high end crowd with all of the sensors loaded in there...

Ugo

• Offline Offline
  • Check out the X-GUN
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 11:57:36 pm »
The tech and software look impressive. Any idea on price range? I'm assuming you are targeting a high end crowd with all of the sensors loaded in there...

Thanks Motown,
The price will be competitive for sure. I will not overprice myself out of the market, LOL.

Ugo

• Offline Offline
  • Check out the X-GUN
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 06:45:33 pm »
The X-GUN is complete!

I'm wrapping up the development of a .dll for Windows that reads the current game you're playing which then sends the details to the X-Gun.
Also, for anyone who is a game developer here, this .dll can be dropped into Game Engines such as Unity 3D to control custom features of the X-Gun. (it's free no charge)

How accurate is the X-GUN?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 06:47:33 pm by Ugo »

Ugo

• Offline Offline
  • Check out the X-GUN
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 06:55:23 pm »
More pics