Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking to purchase a pre loaded emulator to work with my Tankstick w rollerball  (Read 906 times)

mcazille

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 06:54:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi everyone,  I was hoping for someone to point me in the direction of a preloaded game that will work with my xarcade tank stick.  Looking to play golden tee golf and other games with the roller ball.  preferably one that's compatible off of amazon.  Thanks!!!

tommyinajar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2023, 12:23:20 pm
  • My other cab is a Cube Quest
Those are 99% sure to have non legal game files on it, kinda a no no to talk about here.

. There are sites that have complete game sets for everything,Atari 2600, NES,Genesis,Mame arcade games, but those also are technically "illegal" too, but they have free legal stuff if you look.

If you buy one, you are locked in usually, so no updates, and the Emulator is probably 5+ years old. Lots of games are glitchy or just don't work.

You are paying someone for things THEY got for free, wrongly, and then making money on other peoples work to boot...

Just google utube vids and sites to do it. they are plentiful. Whole games sets, you just unpack and run, newer than the Premade for sale ones.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 05:55:10 pm by PL1 »

bollwerk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2023, 08:27:52 pm
To add on to what Tommyinajar said .... when you use a pre-made image from someone else, you're COMPLETELY dependent on the creator of that image to help you fix problems, because no one else knows how that image was configured.
I've seen countless messages from people trying to get help to fix something in a pre-made image and no one is able to help.
This is a big reason why many experience folks in this hobby try to steer people clear of using a pre-made image.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:46:43 pm
Just download MAME and put your games in the roms folder, click on the exe and start playing.  It's not hard to figure out.

mcazille

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 06:54:23 pm
Thanks guys and my apologies for my ignorance in these matters.  i appreciate the advice and will carry on accordingly.  Cheers!!

tommyinajar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2023, 12:23:20 pm
  • My other cab is a Cube Quest
LOL I can tell you're new if you think that was an ignorant question, just look around a bit you will see some real doozys :laugh2: