Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: IPAC4/LED Blinky Problems  (Read 669 times)

akurtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2023, 10:09:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
IPAC4/LED Blinky Problems
« on: January 27, 2023, 01:25:45 pm »
I have a tech situation with my pedestal and would appreciate being pointed in a general direction.

Had a pedestal made by a reputable firm online.  4-player running Hyperspin, CP is an iPAC4 running LED Blinky.  Since I got the machine a few years ago I've had the same GD problem: when playing a game for more than 5-10 minutes, the control panel becomes completely unresponsive.  The lighted/animated buttons suddenly freeze and I can't move the character on the screen nor exit the game, though when I connect a keyboard I can tab between screens in Windows.  So it looks like a) the PC isn't the issue and b) the problem is isolated to the IPAC4 and LED Blinky software.

When I originally had the pedestal built, they put in an Ultimarc board for the CP, but I ran into these exact same issues.  I shipped teh pedestal back to the manufacturer (that cost a pretty penny), they swapped it out for the iPAC4, only for the problem to return. 

I thought it might be an overheating issue within the PC, but heatsinks are already installed on both the CPU and RAM. 

I’m at a loss on what to do.  Any advice is greatly appreciated

akurtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2023, 10:09:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: IPAC4/LED Blinky Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 09:32:49 am »
Removing the encoder in Windows Device Manager didn't work, nor did updating the Windows 7 drivers.  Played a game for about 5 minutes and the stupid CP locked up again.
Only difference this time is I was able to navigate w/the keyboard. The CP is completely unresponsive.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: IPAC4/LED Blinky Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 07:59:06 am »
The iPAC4 is a keyboard emulator, so there still must be some other hardware for controlling the LEDs? What happens when you disconnect the LED controller, does the problem still occur? Try disconnecting any other USB devices (one at a time). Also try starting your FE and then exit out of LEDBlinky (right-click the icon in the system tray and select Exit) to see if that makes any difference. Basically you'll need to isolate the cause of the issue. Your system builder should also be providing support.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction