Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Buttons  (Read 575 times)

pgielen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2023, 10:35:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Buttons
« on: January 27, 2023, 09:51:04 am »
Hi,

I finaly complete my cabinet after 18 years in storge.
But i have a problem with my player and coin buttons.
As you can see the inside is rotating for 3 of them.
I can not find a way to stop them from rotating, does anyone have a solution for this ?
Thanks in advance

Patrick

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 11:03:56 am »
But i have a problem with my player and coin buttons.
As you can see the inside is rotating for 3 of them.
I can not find a way to stop them from rotating, does anyone have a solution for this ?
Step one is to fasten the diffuser to the plunger using four tiny bits of gel superglue on the top, bottom, left, and right sides where the diffuser and plunger meet.  There are small ridges on the diffuser that fit into notches on the plunger.

WARNING: Let the superglue offgas fully (at least a full day) before you reassemble or you might get results like this.   :banghead:

Now that the diffusers are glued to the plungers, that just leaves the inserts.

If you have adhesive inserts, attach them to the diffusers at the desired angle.

If you have non-adhesive inserts either reprint them on Avery Inkjet (8665 or 18665) or Laser (15665) labels or find some adhesive or clear double-sided tape to attach them to the diffusers.
- Test the adhesive or double-sided tape on a test piece to see how noticible the edges are.  You may not like the results.

If you're looking for printable insert files check out these or these or these.

Scott