Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: moving roms  (Read 549 times)

quakebo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
moving roms
« on: January 24, 2023, 04:18:10 pm »
I have used romlister to make a mame.xml that contains all the roms that will work with my controls.  Now my mame rom folder has over 40000 non merged roms but my mame xml probably has less than 5000.

So is there some software that will automatically compare my mame.xml with my rom folder and move all the roms not in my mame.xml to another folder or do I have to do it manually?

quakebo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: moving roms
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:57:59 pm »
For anyone interested I have now solved my problem with the help of a youtube video and rom lister.  Basically you use rom lister to make a batch file of the roms you want and which folder to copy them to making sure to put the batch file in the same folder as all your roms.  Then just run the batch file and it will copy the ones you want to a new folder.