Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky with Ultimarc Servostik - Confirmation of current seting?  (Read 439 times)

Roland_001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2023, 10:17:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
So I'm finally in the "home stretch" of my 3-year long project of building a dual-system (PC MAME + Mister FPGA) CR arcade cabinet. 

I went with the Ultimarc Servostiks (a pair), controlled by a single PCB that connects to the PC via USB.  There's a simple app called JoyTray that Ulimarc provides, which allows F4/F8 to control the configuration of the servo-controlled restrictor plate (change it to 4-way or 8-way mode).

So far, LEDBlinky is a bit hit-and-miss with regards to correctly assigning the right type of control for the game (how to tweak/configure that will be a separate post).

For now, I'm left to wonder, based on the "feel" of the joystick, if it's in the correct configuration or not.  I'm wondering if there's any other "feedback" that either LEDBlinky or the Ultimarc DLL gives to indicate the Servostik's current configuration?  Is that even an option? 

I'm debating about 3d-printing some sort of mechanical trigger-mechanism that the rotating arm of the restrictor-plate would press depending on what configuration it is, but that seems silly for such an obvious and valuable piece of info.  However, I imagine that LEDBlinky can't report this if the function isn't built into the software/hardware of the Servostik.  Appreciate any/all info (even if it's just to say "Naw man, it don't work dat way").

-Rolyen