Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Twin racing cabs - Single pc or two pc’s?

(1/7) > >>

jorgenjl2:
What is the recommendation for linking two racing cabs… use one pc or two pc’s? I originally was leaning toward two pc’s but now I am leaning toward one pc. I know Model 2 (Daytona USA) works on one pc. What about Tecknoparrot games? Anyone try this?

I can hopefully get SF Rush the Rock to work on one pc (since it worked perfectly on one pc with no disconnects) using “Nucleus co-op” to map the controls to separate screens but I have to see if two g29 wheels can work on one pc and if nucleus co op supports two g29 wheels. I also need to see if two copies of tecknoparrot is a lot for one pc to run or not.

buttersoft:
I'm fairly certain you can't open two copies of Teknoparrot on the one PC at the same time. I guess there might be a workaround. A better place to ask would be the TP discord.

FYI LAN is a pain. It's a lot of effort to get right. But to my mind, worth it :)

jorgenjl2:

--- Quote from: buttersoft on January 12, 2023, 04:48:18 am ---I'm fairly certain you can't open two copies of Teknoparrot on the one PC at the same time. I guess their might be a workaround. A better place to ask would be the TP discord.

FYI LAN is a pain. It's a lot of effort to get right. But to my mind, worth it :)

--- End quote ---

Ah good point about Tecknoparrot. I think I may have to use an hdmi switcher and use both options if I can get Rush the Rock to work on one pc using xoutput, two monitors, two g29’s, and NucleusCoop. At least until Mame link play works across PCs.

Do you have a recommended router that works well for two PCs?

buttersoft:
Nope, haha, no recs for a router. There are one or two obscure features that can trip you up, but just about any router will work of the shelf. I was using an old 300Mbs one years ago, that wasn't new when i got it, and it worked fine.

jayc001:
Avoid using a router to connector the two PCs. I had an old router I used and had loads of issues with some TP games (Grid, Ford Racing, Storm racer G). It turned out the router did not like multicast used by these games. After a lot of troubleshooting I swapped out the router for a switch and they worked fine there on wards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version