Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc UltraStik 360FS in Retropie - Trigger exits the game!  (Read 474 times)

mrchips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 09:21:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultimarc UltraStik 360FS in Retropie - Trigger exits the game!
« on: January 10, 2023, 11:13:38 pm »
I'm soooo close to finishing my first arcade build. It's a 4-player pedestal with all Ultimarc everything.

Rpi 4b+ 8GB
RetroPie / EmulatorStation
2 Ultimate I/O
2 ServoStik
2 non-servo Stik
1 UltraStik 360FS flight stick with USB (not wired to an Ultimate I/O)
1 spinner
1 trackball

My trouble is with the flight stick.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why it's doing what it's doing and how to fix it.

I'm using libretro MAME2003-plus emulator, trying a simple game like After Burner (aburner).

The flight stick is, I think, operating in digital mode, not analog. I've got LEDSpicer up and running and I think I can use that to set the flight stick to analog mode using the rotator support.

But that's not what's chuffing my butternut.

When I press the finger trigger on the flight stick, the game exits back to the EmulatorStation.

I've used TAB to get into the MAME menu and I think I remapped the buttons to get guns and missiles working properly. But when I exit the game and go back in, it's back the way it was before. I'm not sure how to save my mapping in MAME so it's permanent.

Thanks!

mrchips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 09:21:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Ultimarc UltraStik 360FS in Retropie - Trigger exits the game!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 09:21:38 am »
Whelp, nevermind, figured it out!

When mapping this control using Retroarch, I mapped the directions up, down, left right and used trigger and thumb buttons as A and B.

There are no other buttons on this joystick, so I could not map anything for the hotkey.

Turns out, when you play a game and hit the A button without a hotkey, it was mapped to exit the game.

I manually mapped the hotkey button in the .cfg file to a random number, and that seems to have fixed it.