Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Adding Race Leader lights - advice needed

(1/11) > >>

buttersoft:
Possibly not the best forum for this; feel free to move...

I'd love to add Race Leader lights to my side by side driving setups but i have no idea where to start. The few youtube tutorials i've seen appear to jump spectacularly into the middle and thus make no sense to me. I'd like to be able to use one of the five-dollar arduino micros i have to do the job. Surely i don't need something like an LED Blinky or LEDwiz, right?

Any good guides to starting from scratch? As in, i have a MAME cab, it has no outputs set up and i have bought no hardware related to that. I'm aware that Howard's awesome MAMEhooker exists, but that's it. I have no idea how to set up anything.

Super-Becker:
I'm glad someone brought this up here. I would love to rise to Reace Leader especially in San Francisco Rush. I also have no idea how to do it. Although there is a video explaining it, I didn't understand anything.

baritonomarchetto:
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I think it could be a good start for your arduinos.
I wrote years ago a guide on how to bring MAME outputs to the real world. Take a look eventually.
It's in my mother language: nothing a good online translator could not take care of.
Even if the guide is built around MAME, most concepts and methods apply to any other emulator with outputs support

buttersoft:
Cheers, i'll take a look! Certainly can't set me back any further than i already am :D

PL1:
Another possible approach for games like F1 Super Lap that don't have leader lamps, but do display the position number on the screen is to use a LUA plugin script to read the memory location(s) and send a lamp signal via the output system to MAMEHooker.

The details of how to make this approach work are far beyond my abilities, but someone like Jon (10yard) could probably pull it off.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version