Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coin door lights  (Read 814 times)

dashingw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2022, 09:51:22 pm
  • Miss my 80's
Coin door lights
« on: December 16, 2022, 09:31:18 pm »
Hi Peeps

I haven't Been in here for quite a while but I just have a question and wondering if someone can help me

I've had an arcade cabinet for quite a few years and while I have everything working well control wise I have never got around to try and get the coin slots to light up.

Ive decided to try that and my coin door looks like it is already wired up pretty much. All the wires come off it and are cable tied together and run through the cabinet and pass by what looks to be a 5v power supply or something but has no actual power. As the set of wires run by this box, wires come off the box and join the cable tied wires and run to a long connector that looks like it would go into a circuit board. This is where it ends. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything this connector would plug into which in turn would plug into the back of my computer hopefully by USB if Im Lucky.

For some reason It will only let me attach one pic so I am attaching the black connector everything goes to...

please let me know if you can think of something I can use to finish this little project, I am not very electrically bright...LOL...

Thanks,
Darryl
My Cab's made from an old Atari Pit Fighter upright 90/91

_Iz-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 10:24:57 pm
  • Time to coin up!
Re: Coin door lights
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 01:01:48 am »
If the power supply has no power and that connector is connected to nothing (looks like the original jamma edge connector for a game board) then i would just take the wires that come from the coin door figure out which wires go to the bulbs and use your own power source to power them. Determine the voltage of the bulbs (or replace the bulbs with ones that use a voltage you can supply) and use an external power supply ir tap into the computers power supply (if you’re using a computer in the cabinet) to power them