Main > Consoles

Console Motherload

(1/1)

LTC:
So my mother calls me the other day and tells me there are some of my old boxes at her house. I had no cluse what may be inside those. Turns out, it was a bunch of oll consoles , controllers and games that I thought were lost in my divorce years ago.

I'll start with handhelds.
Pretty pristine Sega Nomad I bought new and a bunch of carts to go along with it. It didn't want to read the carts at first, but a few swabs with alcohol and all is well. Has the power supply and the AA battery holder along with it. I ordered a rechargable battery holder kit from LaserBear for it.

LTC:
Also, there's my OG Gameboy. It was filthy and the sceen had vertical lines in it. Took it apart and tried to fix the lines with a soldering iron. I got most of the lines out but there is still a pretty nasty one on the right side that wouldn't budge, so I ordered the upgrade LCD kit today. Cleaned the case and it came out almost mint. There's a stain on the battery cover that didn't quite disappear.

Next up will be the bigger consoles as I start testing them. I just have to get the CRT TV dusted off and find a spot to put it

LTC:
The funnyplaying Gameboy LCD kit got here a couple of days ago. High quality stuff. Shipped in a padded plastic case. Took about an hour to get it installed. The only soldering required are the speaker wires. Really happy with the results.

nitrogen_widget:
it's always nice when you find out you had stuff at your moms that your ex couldn't get to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version