Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Switchres could not find a video mode that matches your specs  (Read 982 times)

BigWaveDave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2023, 12:42:21 pm
Switchres could not find a video mode that matches your specs
« on: November 25, 2022, 04:22:24 pm »
Hi:

So, everything was working fine driving a TV that I had.  I swapped in a WG D9200 and set the new modelines up using VMMaker with the default monitor settings for the D9200.

Running Mame .207.   Now it always gets the 'switchres could not find a video mode that matches your specs' error running any game horizontal or vertical...

Attached are few log dumps from mame and my mame.ini.  Has anybody seen this issue?  Seems like all the modelines are 'locked' when switchres iterates through them.  That's different behavior from before redoing the modelines.

Any help would be appreciated, I've run out of things to try.  By the way, manually switching modes in ArcadeOSD works find and looks good.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 04:40:25 pm by BigWaveDave »

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:45:52 am
  • retro maniac
Re: Switchres could not find a video mode that matches your specs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 03:54:48 am »
You are forcing 2560x480@59

Change:

resolution                2560x480@59

to

resolution                2560x0

and see what happens.

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2023, 12:42:21 pm
Re: Switchres could not find a video mode that matches your specs
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 08:30:44 am »
Awsome, thanks.  That did the trick...  Not sure why VMMaker didn't update that value... I probably had it fixed when I was running with the TV.

I also had scanlines turned on...  with that off and proper resolutions this thing looks perfect.

Works great now!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 09:09:30 am by BigWaveDave »