Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Electrohome GO7 CBO shuts down B+ too high  (Read 671 times)

tnarv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 12:54:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Electrohome GO7 CBO shuts down B+ too high
« on: November 15, 2022, 03:07:15 pm »
I have a G07 Electrohome chassis I've been working on. when I received it, it had a new cap kit and new flyback installed. B+ is high and reads 167v. on one side of large resistor, just a couple volts lower on other side and doesn't get warm. I used a 60w. light bulb trick connected between Ground and TP91. The bulb lights slightly but the good news is I can now adjust the B+ to 120v. I can now assume the Power supply is working properly. I removed X701 and the light bulb and without the bulb the B+ goes high(167v.).I'm stumped what to do now. I know there's a horiz. deflection problem. One other question, can I operate this chassis without the yoke connected? Any ideas as to where to go from here would be appreciated. Thanks guys

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Electrohome GO7 CBO shuts down B+ too high
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 04:29:11 pm »
I know there's a horiz. deflection problem.

you would need to rectify this issue first, as the high voltage and the horizontal deflation are connected and rely off each other. the HV pulses used to drive the flyback are the very same used to drive the horizontal. no horizontal... no flyback HV... B+ goes high because of no load.

tnarv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 12:54:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Electrohome GO7 CBO shuts down B+ too high
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 11:33:25 am »
Yes, I realize that. My problem now is how to troubleshoot the horiz. deflection problem. I think I proved that the power supply is working with the "lightbulb trick." even though there is a new flyback installed and a cap kit already installed, could the new flyback be bad or a possible T501(Horiz. drive)transformer, not available. R512 gets verry hot also.