Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

Its a raspberry pi3b a good option for single games?

(1/3) > >>

abispac:
So im building a bucket list. It will be many single games cabinets , in a smaill version so i can just hang them in a wall. It will be something similar as this picture i stole from the net. The diference is, i want to use real crt, so my best cheapes bet would be using 13 inch rgb moded tvs. So far i can hoock my groovymame pc and it looks nice. But since this are gonna be a singe game, i was thinking that maybe a raspberry pi 3b plus the vga666 conection would be good enough to pull this trick off. So my question is: can the raspberry pi output single games in 15khz? maybe an OS like recallbox but boting in single game? What are your opinions? thanks for reading.

PL1:
I'm seeing two questions here.

1. Can a RasPi output a 15khz video signal?
- Yes.  Some limitations and hardware suggestions were discussed several years ago in your other thread here.

2. Can a RasPi 3b run the games on your build list?
- Maybe.  Depends on the games.
- Most of the old-school classics should run fine on a 3b.
- For some newer games you might need to upgrade to a RasPi 4 or 4B.
- Depending on the price difference, it might be worth upgrading to a 4 or 4B, especially if you want to use bbegin's "dedicated MAME Appliance" image here.  You should be able to modify the startup sequence so it boots to the dedicated game instead of the (default) MAME GUI.
- Before PBJ asks, Gauntlet Legends still won't run at 100% on any RasPi.   :duckhunt

Scott

abispac:

--- Quote from: PL1 on November 14, 2022, 12:58:20 am ---- Before PBJ asks, Gauntlet Legends still won't run at 100% on any RasPi.   :duckhunt

Scott

--- End quote ---

:laugh2:

bbegin:

--- Quote from: PL1 on November 14, 2022, 12:58:20 am ---- For some newer games you might need to upgrade to a RasPi 4 or 4B.
- Depending on the price difference, it might be worth upgrading to a 4 or 4B, especially if you want to use bbegin's "dedicated MAME Appliance" image here.  You should be able to modify the startup sequence so it boots to the dedicated game instead of the (default) MAME GUI.

Scott

--- End quote ---

As Scott mentions, the image I propose has (now) a functionality I call AutoROM, wich is to automatically start a specific rom at startup. Ideal for a dedicated game/cabinet.

baritonomarchetto:
Any good front end will run a specific game (or the last played, or a random one) on startup. There's nothing special on this feature in my experience

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version