Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Remove o keep windows 10 from freezing when an app dont respond.  (Read 645 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 04:59:22 pm
Remove o keep windows 10 from freezing when an app dont respond.
« on: November 12, 2022, 12:18:19 pm »
So i know there are 2 guides to hide windows 7 and some tricks to make our mame or jukebox systems look as original as it can  look. Most of the tricks do wonders. I even coparate with  a trick i found somewhere else, so windows wont bother you with the repair windows option in case the computer shuts off becausse the electricity goes off, and so far everything works so nice.
I do have something that still bugs me. On some computers, even with 9th gen pcs, (thats the newest technology i have been able to test). If the application for some reason does not respond, the app becomes blank or white, and you get the infamous mesage that the app is not responding and if you want to closed down or wait. So every time i have a party, if i get someone that has no clue about computers, they keep buggin the game either by clicking the secreen or pushing the buttons, therefore the application never settles down and the solution is to restart the game.
Now, as with the repair option i found that:
1. Opening the  CMD Prompt

2. And  Running these 2 commands

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No

bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

prevents windows for trying to restart windows to the repair option.
I know some of you dont like this option but so far me has worked just fine. Its not like the game will restart by itself every time, or the electrycity goes off everytime. But if it happens, the game restarts just fine.

So i found that solution on some other forum, its not mine, and i cant recall who idea was.
I also fuound a solution to make windows ignore any opened aplications and shutdown just fine when you wnat to shutdown the computer. So no "an aplication its preventing windows from shutting down" mesage.

So that being said, i wonder if theres a command or trick we can do, to keep windows from freezing everytime an application does not responds.
I think its the last piece of the puzzle to make our machines looki authentic.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope we can find something that works out every time.

Rebel Oz 69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:24:28 am
  • Old-school arcade fan.
Re: Remove o keep windows 10 from freezing when an app dont respond.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 12:25:50 am »
To disable Windows error reporting (which is what pops up those dialog boxes when an application fails) run the following from a command prompt:

Code: [Select]
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /t REG_DWORD /v DontShowUI /d 1 /f
Be aware though: editing the registry directly can cause serious trouble if you mess it up, so you do so at your own risk. :)

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 04:59:22 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 07:11:26 pm »
i dont think this is what i mean, what im trying to eliminate its windows monitoring applications, and preventing from becoming white or transparent because windows says, "the application is not responding" and therefore making the application even hang more, because not computer educated people, keep cliking in the app instead of waiting.

I think, and i might be wrong, that if windows lefts the app alone, eventually the app would finish whatever its doing and come back to normal.
Thats what happens when you dont bother it, but that windows messing with it, makes it worst.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 08:17:00 pm by abispac »

Rebel Oz 69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:24:28 am
  • Old-school arcade fan.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 07:33:16 pm »
Cool. :)

As an aside, this registry change should also prevent any "Windows is shutting down" waiting for applications to close, I believe. I'll test that theory later today. ;)