Main > Artwork

Question regarding creation of cabinet art

(1/1)

Warborg:
Just a quick question here...  I've never worked on trying to create artwork to be printed out on the scale that would be needed to cover a control panel or cabinet side, so I'm just wondering if there is a minimum/preferred resolution or DPI to target to have it look decent/non-blocky at that scale?

Warborg:
Yes, I saw there was a FAQ after I posted this soooo...  sue me.  lol.  I'll read that through.

lilshawn:
don't dick with the DPI when you export (png is ideal but ask your printer company if they want your raw file or an export) otherwise your size will be off when they print.

my printer prefers 90DPI which is the default export res and more than good enough.

size your page to the finished product requirements plus a little for adjustment... and specify those sizes to your printer so they can be extra sure.

for a 25 x 8 header, i would do 25.5 x 8.5 to give me ability to trim slightly and have no white show.

Zebidee:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on October 27, 2022, 11:56:03 am ---for a 25 x 8 header, i would do 25.5 x 8.5 to give me ability to trim slightly and have no white show.

--- End quote ---

Yes - you can also set the canvas background of your image to black instead of white. Depends on your artwork.

For a marquee, you may need to accommodate the holding L brackets as well. So add ~2cm border (normally top/bottom). Trim as needed. That way your art is fully shown and sits properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version