Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any updates for Aim-Trak in the past few years?  (Read 1781 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:42:45 pm
Any updates for Aim-Trak in the past few years?
« on: October 01, 2022, 12:36:18 pm »
I've been out of the loop for a while.  I was going through the spare parts box and came accross my old Aim-Trak.
Were there ever any updates to improve the performance?
I remember mentions of an alternative 4 LED firmware that was only given to commercial customers.
Anything ever make it to the general public?

DarthMarino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:55:24 am
Re: Any updates for Aim-Trak in the past few years?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 08:36:45 pm »
Which firmware do you have on your gun? I have an older gun but was able to get the last firmware for that. At some point the hardware was updated. The current firmware doesn't work correctly on my gun since its the older version.

TapeWormInYourGut

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:16:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 10:32:36 pm »
I hope there wasn't any updates... I just ripped mine out of my arcade guns and replaced them with GUN4IRs. This is the first I've heard of an alternate IR firmware to support 4 points. Is the camera even capable of registering 4 different IR points?

It was ok given the lack of anything else available, but the GUN4IRs are pretty much spot on all the time. I still have the Aimtracks but was debating tossing them out. I can't imagine ever using them again...

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:42:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 08:50:28 am »
Which firmware do you have on your gun? I have an older gun but was able to get the last firmware for that. At some point the hardware was updated. The current firmware doesn't work correctly on my gun since its the older version.
No idea. It is probably the first or second and has never been updated.

I was gonna give it to a friend to get rid of it.  It's in a happ shell with originall happ recoil.....I might just pull the recoil knocker before giving it to him, lol.

uVSthem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 10:55:08 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 10:03:21 pm »
What's the latest firmware? I currently have 1.19. It's the Arcade Guns V2 builds if that matters.

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 12:54:43 pm
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 03:37:23 pm »
No idea. It is probably the first or second and has never been updated.

I was gonna give it to a friend to get rid of it.  It's in a happ shell with originall happ recoil.....I might just pull the recoil knocker before giving it to him, lol.

As a good friend, tell him to get something better :D