Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help: NFS Underground cabinet build newbie (sort of)  (Read 990 times)

MrArcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2022, 03:45:28 pm
  • I wish I had time to play these games !!!
Help: NFS Underground cabinet build newbie (sort of)
« on: September 30, 2022, 09:00:31 pm »
I used to be a regular here years ago. I have built many mame cabinets in the past.

I discovered TeknoParrot and it sparked a desire to build a racing cabinet. From what I've read I got very lucky because I picked up a need for speed underground machine with no computer. From what I read this might be pretty easy to use because of its USB interface?

My goal is to have a working racing emulation machine hopefully with working force feedback, but I definitely want to use the original arcade controls. I would like to get it working with techno parrot as well as mame for the 270° wheel games, and whatever other emulators run great arcade quality race games.

I have a core i5 computer with I believe a 3 GHz processor. It has an RX 580 8GB video card. Will this be enough horsepower to run most games? If not what am I going to need? I will start browsing the project links, but if anybody has any specific links to a project using the need for speed underground hardware that would be greatly appreciated. I do not know for certain that everything in the cabinet works. I just know it had no computer or dongle and I got it for a good price.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 09:50:55 pm by MrArcade »
Oh, the memories of living on pizza subs and Dr Pepper...

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Help: NFS Underground cabinet build newbie (sort of)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 06:50:17 am »
If that i5 is less than about 7-8 years old that build should work fine for TP :)

I don't know anything about NFS arcade hardware though, sorry.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:47:02 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 08:34:56 am »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135310.0.html

See the manual and drivers attached to the first post.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 08:42:01 am by BadMouth »

MrArcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2022, 03:45:28 pm
  • I wish I had time to play these games !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 11:01:14 am »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135310.0.html

See the manual and drivers attached to the first post.
Thanks, I had seen that, and downloaded the drivers and docs, but I hadn't read the docs yet.
It looks like my immersion board is complete. I am guessing there was an issue with the FFB because the power wires to the motor were cut.
I will do some testing and see what happens, hopefully no magic smoke.
Oh, the memories of living on pizza subs and Dr Pepper...