Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Is it possible to wire a rumble motor to an ultimarc apac?

(1/4) > >>

matamian:
I'm in the process of modding a ridge racer 1up cabinet with a pc. I'm keeping all the stock controls and wiring them to an apac. So far everything is going well.

The ridge racer wheel has a built in rumble motor. There's a red and black wire coming out of the motor. I'm assuming one us ground and the other us 5v? Is there a way to get this hooked up to the apac and have it function with ffb plugin? Not sure if it's possible or not. 

PL1:

--- Quote from: matamian on September 30, 2022, 08:38:18 am ---The ridge racer wheel has a built in rumble motor. There's a red and black wire coming out of the motor. I'm assuming one us ground and the other us 5v? Is there a way to get this hooked up to the apac and have it function with ffb plugin?

--- End quote ---
It is not possible using just an A-Pac.
- The A-Pac is an encoder for microswitch and/or potentiometer inputs.

The rumble motor is controlled by a game output via the FFB plugin.
- To translate the FFB plugin output for rumble, you would need something like an LED controller to drive a relay that applies power to the motor.  The relay is needed because the motor almost certainly draws more current than one channel of the LED controller can provide.

Don't assume the voltage or current draw of the motor.

Scott

matamian:
Really appreciate the info. Hopefully I can figure it all out. Going to do some digging to see if I can pull it off. I'll post back with an update.

PL1:
Forgot to mention that you'll need a program like MAMEhooker or LEDBlinky to turn the outputs into LED (or in your case relay) on/off commands.

Scott

baritonomarchetto:
You are in the need not only for a software sending rumble informations and a driver to deliver current to the motor, but also a hardware capable of receiving those rumble info and actuating the driver

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version