Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: green color problem in intervideo monitor  (Read 924 times)

krone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2022, 03:13:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
green color problem in intervideo monitor
« on: September 24, 2022, 03:00:19 pm »

it's an intervideo arcade monitor that the green color doesn't work for it, it worked correctly and after a while without using it it stopped showing the green color, I touched the potentiometer and it worked for a while, when I turned it off and on it definitely stopped showing the color green, the other colors perfect. I appreciate any kind of help Thanks

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: green color problem in intervideo monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 05:39:18 pm »
sounds like a broken solder joint somewhere on the neck board. quite often the heating/cooling cycles of the transistors break the solder joints holding them in. heating them up and applying some fresh solder should get things going again.

to test this theory, find a plastic or wood probe like a pen or an ice cream stick. while the green isn't working... gently push on some of the heatsinks and parts around the neckboard and see if pushing on something (like you mentioned before, the potentiometer) and see if something specific makes it come back. apply some fresh solder to that part and that should fix thing up again.